Thursday 3 January 2013

Out with the old, in with the new

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Happy New Year to you all!

I hope you all had a joyful and peaceful Christmas, and are now refreshed and raring to go in 2013!

Thank you all for your visits and comments over the last year, and a very warm welcome to all my new followers!


 

 
 

 

 
photo by Bella

 
photo by Bella

Bella's photos from our walks - she's named these sheep Tea and Cookies!

 
photo by Bella

 
photo by Bella

 
photo by Bella

We've had lots of long and very muddy walks with Logan over the holidays, and it's making me long for the warm dry days of Spring already.

I just wish I'd got my act together in the autumn and planted lots more spring bulbs!




One of my Christmas presents was this gorgeous book "Gardenalia" by Sally Coulthard, which gives ideas on how to incorporate flea market finds and architectural salvage into the garden - it's packed with lots of beautiful and inspiring images, and is just what I need to kick start me into making some changes in my garden this year.

image from "Gardenalia" by Sally Coulthard 

image from "Gardenalia" by Sally Coulthard 


image from "Gardenalia" by Sally Coulthard 

The vegetable plot needs an overhaul as the wooden raised beds are rotting and in a state of collapse, the pond needs a makeover, and all the borders need tidying and re-planting, so there's lots to do outside this year.

Indoors there are various decorating projects that need finishing, and a very brave friend has asked me to paint her bedroom furniture - so lots of Annie Sloan paint is going to get sloshed around this year!

On the creative front I have lots of vintage fabric cushions and other goodies to put in my Etsy and Folksy shops, and I have been asked to write a guest post.

So there is plenty happening this year already.


What plans or new year resolutions do you have for 2013?

 
photo by Bella

Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you. I failed miserably at maintaining my blog Mandicraft last year. I can honestly say that it is because I'm too busy being creative but this year I will endeavour to record my creations. I plan to be even more crafty this year so fingers crossed I can do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree was beautiful and I love your front door.....I love that little sweetie peeking out of his green hut!
    I see you had a tree investigator also, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new book looks brilliant Gill!! :)
    We have a wedding this year, 6 months from today to be precise !!!! I also plan to make lots more bunnies too!
    Wishing you a very happy creative year. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post to wake up to! I'm sitting in my favorite chair drinking my morning coffee. And now I'm going to go back and look at these lovely photos again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello a happy new year to you and a new post love the sheeps names only I miss some sheep! named milk? in england you drink youre tea with lemon or milk en but sheep milk as run away??? greetings have a lovely year leon10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas photos, Gill. And Bella has a good eye for a lovely picture too! That book looks gorgeous, will have to add it to my wishlist! Looking forward to visiting you in 2013. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Gill. Thank you for your great blog, which is always a breath of fresh air.

    I love the images by Bella and your walks must be special.

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gill,

    A Happy, Healthy and Sparkling New Year to you and your family!

    What a beautiful book you received for Christmas. It's the sort of gardening book I enjoy reading too.

    Have a lovely evening!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!! The images in your post are lovely. The book Gardenalia looks lovely. Have fun with your outdoor projects.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year to you all.
    Lots of lovely inspirational photos in your new book, look forward to seeing your ideas some to life over the next year!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all your photos, and that book looks great! I need to redo my raised beds this year also. I love reading gardening books and catalogs during the winter, dreaming about all the flowers and vegetables I would like to grow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gill!

    Thank you for coming to wish me a Happy New Year, though I have not posted in ages! But I will... as far as my blog is concerned, this year I intend to post more regularly, as I used to.

    As far as my life is concerned... I have a lot of plans, though the future really scares me!

    HUGS

    ANNA
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New year ,these photos are sure to give you great inspiration

    Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pics happy new year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Gill!!! I always leave your blog smiling, and no matter what time of year it is, visiting you feels like spring...so thank you, and all the best to you and your sweet family in 2013!
    xo J~

    (Love 'Tea & Cookies'!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year. Sounds like you've got lots on this year. Good luck with the painting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, nice to meet you!
    MAYBE we are kin. :) I traced my family name back to Kent!! Estes is my maiden name :)
    Come see me again! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gill, Happy New Year to you! Your tree looked lovely and what a great sized hall you have. I love your paper stars too. Well done with all your creativity, you really are starting the year with a bang.

    Your new book looks gorgeous, so inspiring for house and garden.

    Thanks for your visit and kind comments. I have loved getting to know you a little over the past year, and can't wait to see what you are going to be posting about this year.
    Much love, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those 3D stars! Happy New Year :) The book looks very inspiring. That is another to do on our list for 2013 - to do our dreaded back garden.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely set of photos, Gill. Your hallway looks so inviting - I remember it being decorated and it is just perfect for Christmas! Walking's good but I do hope the weather improves a little for you all this year. And a gorgeous gardening book is nearly as good as the real thing...specially when it's raining! Happy New Year. Axxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x