Thursday 13 December 2012

Tagged

 
 

As a little light relief from the mega sewing that's been going on around here for the last couple of months, it's been nice to have time today to play around with a different medium.

With some cream card, some special edged craft scissors, some free graphics from  a Free Digital Scrapbooking blog (so sorry I am not sure which one to credit), a hole punch and some jute string, I've had a bit of fun making some gift tags.

 
Tomorrow I shall have a go at making some 3D stars from card in the same design, or maybe something a bit different, like the paper ones I made last year.


Well, last weekend saw the last Xmas Fair out of the way, and I can't say I'm sorry even though I have enjoyed doing them.

Having a Facebook presence this year meant that I received lots of invites to Xmas Fairs, in fact so many that I could have done a fair every weekend through November and December, but there's no way my nerves (or my family!) would have stood that! Too old!!!!

I managed this time to take a few pics of the Fair before it started (held at Tenterden in Kent, in a function room (a blooming cold barn!) at the rear of the Woolpack Inn in the heart of this lovely town. )

 
 
Here's my stall below!

 


 
At the last minute I decided to make a few glass cases and phone cases (iPhone, Blackberry and ordinary) from some pretty Japanese linens, and I'm glad I did as they sold well and I only have a couple left.



Overall it was a great atmosphere, and pretty busy in the morning ( I think the smell of the hog roast outside drew lots of folk in!) but the afternoon dragged by with not many people coming in - it was a pretty cold day!

If I hadnt been lucky enough to have had some lovely neighbours, Kate and Claire, to chat to, it would have been a long old day.

Still, it was well worthwhile going and I came away having had a good time.

Now its full steam ahead with the Xmas preparations!!!!!!!

 

How are yours coming along????

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close enough to visit one of your fairs! All your creations are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time at the fairs you attended, it's always an encouragement for the next time! :)
    Your stall looked lovely!!
    Love those little gift tags too!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that the facebook thingy is paying off for you, I'm still a little wet behind the ears with facebook.....must try harder next year! Love your gift tags. Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! Your stand looked lovely Gill. So clever with the small baskets of hearts, neat and interesting with a good balance of high and low... It is not easy to make the most of it all on a table. Especially not when you don't have a wall behind you to use as a display.
    Happy to hear you did well and that your last minute sewing madness additions almost sold out. It is those small items that kind of cover your material costs at times as they sell better than the larger more pricy items.

    I really like how you put on a green trim on your table cloth. Very clever. I am hugely impressed. Well done. :D
    PS And I see your pretty pillow there with the fabric from my shop. The blue and green one. Cute...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stand looks lovely and I'm so glad you did well.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised you did well ... your stall looked lovely. M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set up, Gill!! Had I been there, you'd have sold plenty more- what a feast for the eyes :) Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and for leaving a comment on my blog today- it is much appreciated, as are you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed your last few posts, so just got all caught up. Your stall looks very pretty, everything set up so nice. Love the linen fabrics and phone/eyeglass cases, also the tea cozies. That's a lot of work! Relax and have a cookie.
    Happy Holidays!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stall looks great and I love the musical tags!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. You set out your stall beautifully, I'm sure everyone will have made a beeline for it. Glad you've enjoyed doing the fairs, but they must be jolly hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stall looks so pretty! And I love the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stall looked really lovely, Gill! Filled with a nice mix of gorgeous things, and so tempting! I like the gift tags too, they look very vintage.
    Enjoy your Christmas preparations now that the fairs are over, and have a good weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gill, your tags are lovely. Your stand looks wonderful, shame about the cold weather though. I think you will be glad it's all over now.Very well done for getting out there and doing it!
    Much love to you, Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x