Wednesday 19 October 2011

Inspirational Rooms



As you've all had an overdose of pictures of my home in the last few posts
as I've shared my furniture painting progress,
I thought it might be nice to have a look inside some other homes for a change!

So I've found some gorgeous interiors here from one of my fav tumblrs, Vintage Home, which I hope you'll enjoy



cushions to make a statement in front of an eclectic selection of artwork


a collection of colourful patterned bargello cushions displayed against a turquoise wall



more interesting cushions and an eclectic mix of vintage furniture


 simple stripes with a limited palette can add a real punch when woodwork is painted to match



an unusual but successful colour combination with a comfortable velvet chaise paired with bold wallpaper and natural textured rug



cosy little attic bedroom in zesty shades



simple country style using a limited palette of strong powder blue and off whites



I just love this chair in this simple room conducive to creating!



cheerful modern country style with limited palette - love the stripey sofas with that hit of colour supplied by the throw and flowers!


pretty country style entrance hall



love these colours and the beautiful painted cupboard


pure vintage mix


strong colours and bold prints here used to great effect



now what a clever idea to display all those old shirt buttons!




a beautifully colour co-ordinated yarn stash to die for!
And the cupboard's just gorgeous!!!



Hope this has stimulated your homemaking creativity a little!!

Or, at the very least, provided you with some eye candy!

20 comments:

  1. Hello Gill:
    We have so enjoyed looking through these most colourful of images. Surely a style and colour palette for everyone and your first image we think to be particularly dynamic and attractive.

    But, in looking through your previous posts, we have so admired all your own painterly touches throughout your house. You have transformed so many pieces of furniture and breathed new life into them. They fit in so wonderfully well with all your other furnishings and make your house so wonderfully warm and welcoming. Just the job as the chilly nights draw in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are fast becoming my 'Home & Garden' pinterest board. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures, definite source for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I would love to live in any of those houses.
    The zesty bedroom is gorgeous but oh my how I love the turquoise wall. :)
    Thanks for sharing Gill.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with these spaces.......amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely rooms here. That yarn cupboard is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great eye candy there - somehow I was especially drawn to anything with a fireplace or a cosy throw...I'd forgotten how cold our house can be once the warmth has gone out of the days!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to live in all these rooms - at the same time! Simply gorgeous. But so are the picures of your own rooms in your previous posts. You are a demon with the white paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all your pictures today, so much colour and interest! And the yarn cupboard looks amazing...what a wonderful stash and place to store it!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhh lovely eye candy indeed. I have to say i loved the vintage mix picture the best what gorgeous shades and tones ;-)) Love those vintage blue drawers to those are lovely. Those pictures make you feel all warm and cosy. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are great photos, I want all of those rooms.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gill, what a lovely lot of eye candy for us today. I do agree with Hattat's, that the first picture is extraordinary. Love all the colours, that strong blue seems to be a very popular choice at the moment. If you had a stash of yarn like that you would have to keep opening the door just to gaze at it...wonderful! Many thanks for your comments on Halloween, I agree with you about the apple/candle idea, so simple, yet lovely. Have a wonderful weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures - especially the cupboard full of yarn!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely images, and the cushions in that first shot are wonderful - somehow one alone would look as though it was trying too hard, but a lot of them together like that look frivolous and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well there must be something for everyone there. I particularly like the little attic bedroom, you're right, it's so cosy looking, and what I wouldn't give for a yarn stash like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of them but it's the yarn stash that has me gasping, can you imagine having a beautiful cupboard like that full of yarny loveliness? I'd never get anything done, I'd just sit and smile infront of it! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love all the glorious color here! Inspires me.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gilly, your home is just as much fun to look at as these images are, if not more so because we know bits of the story behind it all. I love all the pops of color you've shown here and also the ones that you have throughout your home, I am so much more drawn to colorful surroundings than otherwise, so these images and your charming abode bring a huge smile.
    Off to check out more of your painterly touches!
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that floraly pink chair , all the coloured wool,the buttons and would love that cosy corner with the candles in the fireplace...thanks for sharing...ciao Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is something in every room that I love!!!! Great day dream moments for me!!! Thanks for sharing them, all the rooms are super sweet!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x